Author Topic: Review of Usmle CS courses (from old forums)  (Read 151200 times)

Offline usmlesource

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Review of Usmle CS courses (from old forums)
« on: February 10, 2007, 07:27:55 PM »
This post is imported from our previous forums when we upgraded to a new forum software

img99
 # Posted: 3 Dec 2006 13:09

Hi guys,
I tried the new usmle s o u r c e step 2 cs course. I thought I would give brief review.

There are 3 types of cases.

1. virtual cases which are like practice cases with a case

scenario, all the questions to be asked and case summary. They also have a patient note generator for practice.

2. The Symptom based approach basically gives an opening scenario, and then all the questions to be asked for that case. The questions are very well formatted, for the most part.

3. patient interviews with pn generator, pt note etc. lot of details in this section.

The approach is very simple using mnemonics and it is uniform throught the course.

Having also tried UW, I think the content is eqaully good or slightly better in some areas. The approach is difinitely very simple and easy to follow. The technology is superior.

Overall, I am happy for the course and hope it will help me get through this step 2 CS!

Anonymous
 # Posted: 4 Jan 2007 15:40

External review at usmle.net

http://www.usmle.net/csa/messages2007a/152675.html

Guerino
 # Posted: 9 Jan 2007 08:20

I feel very confident going into the exam after reviewing these cases.
Being this is my second attempt I found as strong correlation between my prior cases and the cases offered here. The information is being handed to you in the most discrete and clear ways possible. Take advantage of it! Not only are the cases interactive but also there are forms for feedback which ensures a rich database of cases.

Ramkumar
 # Posted: 31 Jan 2007 23:04

I was a bit nervous going into the exam as a foreign grad and did not want to blank out. What really helped me was writing the Mnemonic on the rough sheet provided for quick look as suggested here so I can remind myself of points in PAM HUGS FOSS etc.

Everyone should benefit form this less expensive and the most useful source. This is an excellent course for CSA covering all the cases one will get.

Overall, I think any one can pass this exam if you take this course and practice with a friend. I was a bit skeptical initially but after using it and passing, I am glad I used it!

Anonymous
 # Posted: 3 Feb 2007 23:20

For me, I have used usmlesource and first aid combination and it worked very well for me. I liked the simplified approach here and FA has some good patient notes etc. You dont need expensive review courses to pass this exam. It is not a difficult exam!

NB: Imported from previous forums using a different software

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:07:26 PM by usmlesource »

Offline usmlesource

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Review of Usmle CS courses (from old forums)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »
Another review at Usmleweb below

http://www.usmleweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3804

Offline yuenk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
I found the USMLE Source Course a very handy and good tool to revise for the USMLE CS Exam. The 100 odd cases are very well illustrated and the video cases are very helpful during revision to retain important facts. I would no doubt recommend this course for those who are preparing for the exam, as one can literally think that this is like a secret weapon when confronting the cases in the exam.

Dr KY

Offline usmlesource

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:08:24 AM »
Another external review on usmleforum.com

usmle source is a veru good source for the prepration of cs.the
diffrential diagnosis for symptoms and hpi,pmh and oher hisories are
excellent

http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2007/3/175404.php